Rantable instantly connects people everywhere to what’s most meaningful to them. Any registered user can send a Rant, which is a message of 6,000 characters or less that is public by default.
The following terms of service (these “Terms”) apply to anyone who visits this website (“Site”) and/or uses any of Rantable applications and other services (“Services”). If you do not agree to all of these terms, please do not use the Site or the Services. BY ACCESSING THE SITE OR USING ANY SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT.
In addition to these Terms, your agreement with Rantable also includes the specific additional terms and policies that apply to the Site and Service(s) you use. Throughout the Site and in our documentation, whenever we refer to the “Agreement” we mean these Terms and the applicable additional terms, including:
End User License Agreement – Rantable application: anyone who downloads the software application or code, information, text, graphics or other materials relating to the application made available for download here or anywhere else it may be found, such as an app store or partner website. The EULA is here.
The Agreement also incorporates all policies posted on this Site. We reserve the right to change our policies at any time.
Rantable may provide the ability for you to create an account on the Site and may require, as a condition of using Services that you supply us with certain registration information. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your account or modify any account related information and materials or access or take any other action we deem appropriate. You are responsible for everything done through your account so please do not share your account information and password. Please notify us right away if you have lost control of your account ID or password or you suspect there is unauthorized activity in your account. You may not open a new account without our written permission if we have terminated your account or suspended your access to the Site or any Services. When your account is closed (voluntarily or involuntarily), you may no longer have access to any information or materials you store within your account. We may delete or archive these things at our discretion. If you elect to purchase paid Services (when/if available), you agree to pay all fees and charges associated with such Services on a timely basis.
3. Third-party Content and Links on the Site.
3.1. Third-party Technologies. Rantable may provide Services that allow users who publish content (data, text software, music, audio files and other sounds, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and other materials, all “Content”) on third-party services to reach users who are interested in that Content. We make no representations or warranties regarding the performance of such third-party services, their compliance with applicable laws and regulations, or any other aspect of such third-party services. We make no representations or endorsements regarding the quality, accuracy, reliability, security or condition of any third-party services, applications or websites. Your use of third-party services, applications and websites is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that the third-party services and any related third-party terms of service may be subject to change by the applicable third-party at its sole discretion and without any notice. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that you are not being granted a license by us to (i) the third-party services; (ii) any products, services, processes or technology described in or offered by the third-party services; or (iii) any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the third-party services.
3.2. Others’ Content. You acknowledge and agree that Rantable is not responsible for examining or evaluating the Content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of third-party materials. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect your property from viruses and other destructive mechanisms. The Site and our Services may include Content that you find offensive or otherwise objectionable, that contains inaccuracies, mistakes, or other errors, that violates the rights of third parties or that requires your agreement to additional terms and conditions (stated or unstated) in order to download, copy or use it. We do not control the Content and websites accessible through our technologies. We disclaim any responsibility for your use of the Site, our Services, viewing or use of any third-party technology, Content or websites.
3.3 Removal of Content. Rantable reserves the right to remove any Content from Services at any time, for any reason.
4.1 Site and Services Use. Rantable grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to browse and upload Content through the Services and download software (if you have agreed to the applicable EULA), where permitted, for personal use, solely in accord with the terms of the Agreement. This license automatically terminates upon your breach of any of these terms.
4.2. License You Grant to Rantable for Content You Post on Site or Through the Services. When you upload any Content through the Service, you grant Rantable a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to Use such Content, in any media known now or in the future. You also grant Rantable the right to Use the name that you submit in connection with the Content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Content that you post, that the Content is accurate and that the Use of the Content you supply does not violate our policies and will not cause injury to any person or entity “Use” means the exercise of all rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, publicity or other rights, needed or beneficial for Rantable and Publishers to operate, monetize and/or promote the Site or Services, including any rights needed to sublicense, reproduce, adapt, translate, publish, access, obtain, host, cache, route, transmit, store, copy, modify, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, excerpt, analyze, and create algorithms from and derivative works of the Content, in any media known now or in the future, including but not limited to the Service as it operates across Rantable and third party platforms. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, you agree that Rantable may store and disclose Content or information if it deems it reasonably necessary to enforce these Terms, for operations purposes, as required by law or as reasonably necessary to protect Rantable from liability. “Publisher” means a third party with whom Rantable has an agreement to allow the display of Content or Social Content.
4.3 License from You for Content from Third-party Services. In addition to third-party submissions on the Site, we may display Content on the Site or your Device (as defined in the relevant EULA) directly (a) through APIs, “feeds” or other mechanisms provided by third-party services such as Twitter and (b) by accessing your accounts with such third parties as authorized by you below and during your use of the Services (“Social Content”). You acknowledge that our Use of Social Content received directly from third parties is authorized by our agreements with those third parties without need for any direct consent or license from you. As to Social Content we receive by accessing your accounts with third parties, you hereby authorize Rantable to access your account for the purpose of obtaining and Using such Social Content. 5.3.1. The following license applies (a) in the event that that we needed your direct consent or license to Use Social Content provided directly by third parties and (b) to all Social Content we receive by accessing your third-party accounts. You also hereby grant Rantable, its affiliates and Publishers a perpetual, irrevocable worldwide royalty-free right and license to “Use” all Social Content.
4.4 Properties. You understand that we will place your Content on websites, devices, applications and other publishing platforms and mechanisms (collectively, “Properties”). Properties may include a wide variety of websites, devices, applications and other publishing platforms and mechanisms. To the extent not already authorized by our agreements with third-party providers, you hereby authorize and consent to all such placements and you agree that all placements of Content shall conclusively be deemed to have been approved by you. You acknowledge that we do not offer the option of blocking Content from appearing in any specific location.
4.5. Modification. We may modify (including without limitation reformat, excerpt and translate) your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it or to meet the limitations of Publishers, networks, devices, services or media. We may also label your Content as we believe necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation. We may also include other Content, including advertising, alongside your Content, without sharing any revenue with or accounting to you.
4.6. Other. You are solely responsible for your Content in every possible respect, including ensuring that your Content complies with your Representations and Warranties below. You understand that Rantable may evaluate any website or other published materials associated with your Content, whether by automated or manual means.
5. Third-party Trademarks. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Use of any third-party trademark or Content on the Site and/or by the Services does not constitute or imply affiliation with or endorsement of Rantable by these third parties. Aside from any explicit grants in the Agreement, nothing in the Agreement grants you any license to third-party trademarks or Content.
6. Restrictions: Things You Cannot Do.
Please review the Rantable Rules (which are part of these Terms) to better understand what is prohibited on the Service. You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services:
6.1. Give false information to us or anyone else in connection with your use of the Site or the Services.
6.2. Use as your username a name that is offensive, vulgar, or obscene.
6.3. Interfere with anyone whose Content we display.
6.5. Access or scrape the Site or the Services by any automated means unless you are a search engine crawling the Site for the sole purpose of creating a publicly accessible search index; or bypass any technical protections or throttling that we institute.
6.6. Copy, modify, lease, loan, sell, distribute, create derivative works from, or distribute any Content from, the Site or Services (whether the Content has been posted by us or a third- party); copy, display or use our trademarks in any way; or use the Site or Services for any purpose not explicitly authorized in the Agreement. You may, to the extent the Site and Additional EULA authorize you to do so, download or copy software accessible from the Site, for personal use only.
6.7. Link to the Site using any HTML techniques that display the Site within a frame, partial window, popup, pop-under, or any other non-standard linking method, or present or redistribute Content from the Service without our express written permission.
6.8. Use the Site or Services if you are not legally permitted to do so (e.g., subscribe to Services if you are under 18 years of age).
6.9. Anything we ask you not to do.
7. Infringement. We respect the intellectual property of others and require that our users do the same. See our Copyright Policy or learn how to report copyright or trademark infringement
7.1 Copyright Policy Rantable respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, Rantable will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
8. Changes. We are constantly evolving our Site and Services. This means that we may change, restrict or discontinue either or both, without notice or liability to you. In addition, we may change all or part of the Agreement at any time, including these Terms. We may make changes by posting the changed terms on the Site. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AND/OR OUR SERVICES WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGED TERMS.
9. Age. Certain services may be purchased with a credit card. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian, and the adult will be considered the user responsible for all activities that take place. You may not use the Site if you are under 13.
9.1 Our Policy Towards Children Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at info@Rantable.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
10. Rantable Rights. Unless otherwise specified in the Agreement and except for third-party trademarks and Content, all information and web pages appearing on this Site, including documents, services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Rantable. You agree that the Services contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that you will not use such proprietary content, information, or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted uses of the Services. Rantable retains all right, title and interest in the Site, the Services, and its trademarks, service marks and logos, including all technology and processes and any enhancements or modifications. Except for rights expressly granted in the Agreement, nothing in the Agreement grants you any right, title or license. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or licensee.
11. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that: (i) all information you supply to Rantable is complete, accurate and current; (ii) all Social Content you have provided and will provide to or through the third-party services complies with the applicable third-party terms, rules and/or policies; (iii) your Content and our Use of your Content in accord with this Agreement will not violate or encourage violation of any applicable laws, regulations, code of conduct, or third-party rights (including intellectual property and privacy rights), and is not otherwise libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive; (iv) your Content does not contain a virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb or other computer programming routine or engine that is intended to damage, interfere with or expropriate any system, data or information.
12. Indemnity, Disclaimers and Limits on Liability.
12.1. You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Rantable, its affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, licensors, licensees, agents, and representatives (the “Covered Entities”) against all liability, claims, costs, damages, settlements, and expenses (including interest, penalties, attorney fees and expert witness fees) (“Liabilities”) incurred by any Covered Entity in any way arising out of or relating to the Site, the Services (including without limitation the software that is a part of the Services) or the Agreement. This includes but is not limited to Liabilities arising out of or relating to your use of the Site or any Services, any use of your account by you or anyone else, any Content you receive through the Site or Services, claims of intellectual property or other third-party rights infringement, and taxes. Rantable reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
12.2. RANTABLE PROVIDES THIS SITE, THE SERVICES AND ANY SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. RANTABLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICE AND FOR ANY DOWNLOADS MADE FROM THE SITE OR SERVICES. RANTABLE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, ANY SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, RELIABLE OR ERROR FREE, NOR DOES RANTABLE MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. RANTABLE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT SOFTWARE OPERATES ON THE TYPE OF DEVICE OWNED BY YOU AND YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING A DEVICE COMPATIBLE WITH SOFTWARE. RANTABLE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RANTABLE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. THIS DISCLAIMER IS MADE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME STATES AND COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12.3. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WHATSOEVER SHALL RANTABLE, ITS AFFILIATES, OR SUPPLIERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF SALES, PROFIT, REVENUE, GOODWILL, OR DOWNTIME, OR DAMAGES FOR CONTENT, OR RELATING TO DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE, SERVICES OR POSTING CONTENT, THE INABILILTY TO USE THE SITE, SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES, ANY CONDUCT BY A THIRD-PARTY ON, OR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SITE OR SERVICES, OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT(ARISING UNDER TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LAW) REGARDLESS OF SUCH PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE OR WHETHER SUCH PARTY KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD OF ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THIS SITE OR THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD OF ANY MATERIAL. RANTABLE NEITHER ASSUMES, NOR DOES IT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME ON ITS BEHALF, ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROVISION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. RANTABLE LIABILITY HEREUNDER IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Local Laws; Export Control. Rantable controls and operates this Site from its headquarters in the United States of America and the Services, Social Content and/or other Content may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Site outside the United States of America, you are responsible for following applicable local laws. You agree not to export, re-export or use Software except as explicitly authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained your Software license. If you purchased or use Software in the United States, you may not export or re-export Software to any U.S. embargoed country or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use Software for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear missiles or chemical or biological weapons.
14. Miscellaneous. We do not want to receive information that is confidential or proprietary. If you send us suggestions, Content or ideas of any kind, including potential improvements to the Site, Services, we may use such suggestions, Content and/or ideas for any or all purposes, with no compensation or attribution to you. This Agreement will not be construed against either party as the drafter. We will be entitled to recover any legal fees and other costs associated with enforcing the Agreement. You cannot assign the Agreement without our written agreement. We can assign the agreement to any entity that agrees to be bound by the terms of the Agreement. The Agreement is governed by California law, excluding its choice of laws principles. The exclusive venue for any litigation arising from or related to the Agreement, our Site or our Services shall be the courts of Los Angeles County, California, except for any optional arbitration as described next. Excluding claims for equitable relief, if the total amount in dispute is less than $10,000, either party may elect to resolve the claim through binding arbitration by initiating arbitration through an established provider that is agreed by the parties. The arbitration must be conducted under the following rules: (a) at the choice of the party seeking relief, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, or solely on written submissions; (b) no party or witness will make any personal appearance unless the parties agree otherwise; and (c) the winning party may have the arbitrator’s award entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. If any part of the Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that condition will not affect any other provision of the Agreement. A delay or failure to require performance of any provision will not constitute a waiver of any rights and will not impede the ability to enforce that provision later. The Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Rantable and it replaces any other agreement between us on this subject. “Rantable” means Rantable, See and Say Apps Ltd and its affiliates.
All content copyright ©2015 See and Say Apps Ltd.